Whenever you go hiking you normally go to feel relaxed, motivated or free, so the last thing you'd want is to feel uncomfortable or sore. You always want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible to really enjoy the whole trip, this is why you need to make sure you have the right hiking backpack for you!
Firstly, you will want to figure out how long you are going on your trip for so that you can decide which size backpack is best for you! See below to decide which size backpack is perfect for you.
If you're going hiking for a couple of days, you should pick your backpack based on how heavy the contents are that you want to take. Say you're going for 3-7 days then you should go for a 50-90 litre backpack. Whatever size backpack you choose, you should always try to pack light for a wild camping trip to avoid struggling to fit in all of your necessities, e.g. water, cooking utensils, etc.
Here is a list of some accessories that you may find beneficial to have on your rucksack:
- Strap pockets, these are great because you can put a snack in there for when you need that extra boost of energy or you could put your wallet in there to save having to take your whole backpack off and search for your wallet.
- Waist straps are great for hiking up challenging trails as they help to distribute the weight of the backpack over your whole body instead of having all the weight on your shoulders.
- You always want to make sure the backpack you choose has good airflow and plenty of padding so that you don't have your backpack digging into your shoulders while walking and good airflow ensures you won't sweat too much more than usual.
- Adjustable straps, this is so that you know you can get your backpack on no matter what by being able to adjust the straps.
- A backpack with clip areas
- Hook Loops to be able to clip your bottle onto these, which makes it so much easier for you to be able to get a drink when hiking.
Now that we've gone over what you should look for in a backpack, why not take a look at some of the OLPRO Backpack Range?
- The OLPRO 32L Daysack is available in two colours and has enough room to carry all of your day to day essentials! This daysack features a thick waterproof material that water runs off, padded, adjustable shoulder straps, adjustable sternum straps and a reflective half tree on the front of the backpack.
- The OLPRO Sharman 40L Backpack is available in three colours, the Sharman 40L features a Rain cover, adjustable, padded back support, hook loops on arm straps and so much more! Click here to view the product page on the OLPRO website today!
- The OLPRO Sharman 65L Rucksack is also available in three colours. The Sharman 65L features padded back support, padded belt support, a separate rain cover and compression side straps. View the full details on this product by clicking here.
- The OLPRO Sharman 80L Rucksack also features a choice of three colours. The Sharman 80L features side mesh adjustable pockets, adjustable back support, padded shaped belt support, organiser pockets inside, large adjustable hood with extra storage underneath and many more features! To view the Sharman 80L Rucksack on the OLPRO website just click here!